Performance and advantages of PET bottles
What are the properties of PET plastic bottles?
(1) General performance PET resin bai is milky white translucent or du colorless and transparent, with a relative density of 1.38 and a light transmittance of 90%. PET belongs to zhi medium barrier material, the permeability coefficient for O2 is 50～90cm3·mm/(m2·d·MPa), and the permeability coefficient for CO2 is 180cm3·mm/(m2·d·MPa). The water absorption rate of PET is 0.6%, and the water absorption is relatively large.
(2) Mechanical properties The tensile strength of PET film is very high, comparable to aluminum foil, 9 times that of HDPE film, and 3 times that of PC and PA films. Reinforced PET has low creep, excellent fatigue resistance (better than reinforced PC and PA), and good wear resistance and friction resistance. The mechanical properties of PET are less affected by temperature.
(3) Thermal performance The heat resistance of pure PET plastic is not high, but it is greatly improved after reinforcement treatment. The mechanical performance at 180°C is better than that of PF laminate, and it is the heat-resistant variety of reinforced thermoplastic engineering plastics. PET has good heat aging resistance, the embrittlement temperature is -70℃, and it still has certain toughness at -30℃. PET is not easy to burn, and the flame is yellow with dripping.
(4) Electrical properties Although PET is a polar polymer, it has excellent electrical insulation and can still be well maintained at high frequencies. PET has poor corona resistance and cannot be used for high-voltage insulation; electrical insulation is affected by temperature and humidity, and the impact of humidity is greater.
(5) Environmental performance PET contains ester bonds and is not resistant to water, acid, and alkali under high temperature and steam conditions. PET is stable to organic solvents such as acetone, benzene, toluene, trichloroethane, carbon tetrachloride and oils, and has high resistance to some oxidants such as hydrogen peroxide, sodium hypochlorite and potassium dichromate. PET has excellent weather resistance and can be used outdoors for a long time.
What are the main advantages of PET bottles?
First of all, the polyester bottle is light in weight, easy to form, and the bottle body is firm. The strength and elasticity are significantly higher than other plastic materials, and it can withstand considerable impact without being damaged. It is most suitable for thin-walled, light-weight, and high-strength pharmaceutical packaging bottles.
It is an environmentally friendly material, which can be directly contacted with cosmetics and food. It is the main material for filling organic skin care products. The PET material is soft and transparent.
Secondly, PET bottles have good gas barrier properties. Among the commonly used plastic materials, PET bottles have the best barrier properties against water vapor and oxygen, which can fully meet the special storage requirements of packaging. PET has excellent chemical resistance and can be used for packaging all items except strong alkalis and some organic solvents.
Third, the recycling rate of PET resin is higher than that of other plastics. When it is burned as waste, it is flammable due to its low combustion calorific value and does not produce harmful gases.
The most important thing is that food packaging made of PET meets food hygiene requirements, because PET resin is not only a harmless resin, but also a pure resin without any additives. It has passed quite strict standards including the United States, Europe and Japan. Test.